Welcome to The Breast Cancer Network News
The BCN News provides its readers with breaking news on breast cancer treatment and research daily. Along with thousands of breast cancer patients and survivors, The BCN News is read in nearly every major cancer and health organization, all the major breast cancer organizations, and major research laboratories and universities around the world.
For a free trial subscription to The BCN News, sign up here, or use the following Constant Contact subscribe option:
|Join Our Mailing List|
Today's News Sponsors
AdvancedBC.org is dedicated solely to the needs of people living with metastatic breast cancer. If you or someone you love is living with metastatic breast cancer, it is the first place to go for information and support.
AdvancedBC.org features the latest on treatments and clinical trials, links to experts on the most recent research, and a comprehensive list of treatment resources. At AdvancedBC.org you will also find both support and hope, from a listing of national organizations, support groups and hotlines, to the Mets News & Views blog from long-time author and metastatic breast cancer advocate Musa Mayer.
Here's what women are saying about AdvancedBC.org:
- "ALL the information I was looking for is here, under one 'roof'!"
- "A great job of presenting necessary and needed info in a clear way... while giving hope."
- "Very easy to understand and not scary. Just good, important facts."
- "Being able to find accurate, balanced, up to date research and treatments in a 'click': PRICELESS!!"
For more information, and to read free excerpts from Musa Mayer's book, Advanced Breast Cancer: A Guide to Living with Metastatic Disease, visit:
BCN News Articles for: June 30, 2015
- Oncologists praise gene expression profiling tests as a decision-making tool for women with early-stage breast cancer but also have significant reservations
- The Value of Personalizing Medicine: Medical Oncologists' Views on Gene Expression Profiling in Breast Cancer Treatment
- A Phase II Study of a Dose-Density Regimen With Fluorouracil, Epirubicin, and Cyclophosphamide on Days 1 and 4 Every 14 Days With Filgrastim Support Followed by Weekly Paclitaxel in Women With Primary Breast Cancer
- Prediction of Late Distant Recurrence After 5 Years of Endocrine Treatment: A Combined Analysis of Patients From the Austrian Breast and Colorectal Cancer Study Group 8 and Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination Randomized Trials Using the PAM50 Risk of Recurrence Score
- Is It Important to Adapt Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy to the Visible Clinical Response? An Open Randomized Phase II Study Comparing Response-Guided and Standard Treatments in HER2-Negative Operable Breast Cancer
- SIS.NET: A randomized controlled trial evaluating a web-based system for symptom management after treatment of breast cancer
- Inequalities in Premature Death From Colorectal Cancer by State
- COMMENTARY: States As the Laboratory for Democracy: Is Anybody Paying Attention, and Does Anybody Care?
- Northeastern researchers find inhaling supplemental oxygen can awaken anti-tumor cells
- Immunological mechanisms of the antitumor effects of supplemental oxygenation
- Researchers identify the mitochondrial 'shield' that helps cancer cells survive
- Mitochondrial membrane potential is regulated by vimentin intermediate filaments
- Low breast density in mammography worsens breast cancer prognosis
- Very low mammographic breast density predicts poorer outcome in patients with invasive breast cancer
- Model for Individualized Prediction of Breast Cancer Risk After a Benign Breast Biopsy
- Quality of life over 5 years after a breast cancer diagnosis among low-income women: Effects of race/ethnicity and patient-physician communication
- Cancer survivors' disclosure of complementary health approaches to physicians: The role of patient-centered communication
- Making Cuts to Medicare: The Views of Patients, Physicians, and the Public
- COMMENTARY: Polls and Policy: Signals or Substance
- A mixed-methods examination of communication between oncologists and primary care providers among primary care physicians in underserved communities
- Depression symptoms of African-American cancer patients may be under-recognized, study finds
- Exploration of depressive symptoms in African American cancer patients
- Deadly to cancer cells only: A molecular cause for selective effectiveness of parvovirus therapy discovered
- PKCη/Rdx-driven Phosphorylation of PDK1: A Novel Mechanism Promoting Cancer Cell Survival and Permissiveness for Parvovirus-induced Lysis
- Breast Biopsies Leave Room for Doubt, Study Finds
- Diagnostic Concordance Among Pathologists Interpreting Breast Biopsy Specimens
- COMMENTARY: Expertise vs Evidence in Assessment of Breast Biopsies: An Atypical Science
- MDC cancer researchers identify new function in an old acquaintance
- Shp2 signaling suppresses senescence in PyMT-induced mammary gland cancer in mice
- Prognostic Significance of Mammographic Density Change After Initiation of Tamoxifen for ER-Positive Breast Cancer
- Transfer of Communication Skills to the Workplace: Impact of a 38-Hour Communication Skills Training Program Designed for Radiotherapy Teams
- Symptomatic Toxicities Experienced During Anticancer Treatment: Agreement Between Patient and Physician Reporting in Three Randomized Trials
- Bringing PROMIS to practice: Brief and precise symptom screening in ambulatory cancer care
- Online health information -- keep it simple!
- Health literacy and the Internet: a study on the readability of Australian online health information
- Oral chemotherapy animated video series launches for cancer patients
- Text message reminders boost breast cancer screening attendance
- Text-message reminders increase uptake of routine breast screening appointments: a randomised controlled trial in a hard-to-reach population
- New possibilities for the treatment of breast cancer arise, with the help of mathematics
- Angiogenic Activity of Breast Cancer Patients' Monocytes Reverted by Combined Use of Systems Modeling and Experimental Approaches
- Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes and Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy With or Without Carboplatin in Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Positive and Triple-Negative Primary Breast Cancers
- COMMENTARY: Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes and Response to Platinum in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Risk Factors and Tumor Characteristics of Interval Cancers by Mammographic Density
- Summing it up: An integrative review of studies of cancer survivorship care plans (2006-2013)
- World-first cancer drugs could work in larger group of patients
- Complementary genetic screens identify the E3 ubiquitin ligase CBLC, as a modifier of PARP inhibitor sensitivity
- Preventing the spread of cancer with copper molecules
- Rational Design of a Cytotoxic Dinuclear Cu2 Complex That Binds by Molecular Recognition at Two Neighboring Phosphates of the DNA Backbone
- Racial, Ethnic Differences in Picking Surgeons, Hospitals for Breast Cancer Care
- Racial/Ethnic Differences in Patients' Selection of Surgeons and Hospitals for Breast Cancer Surgery
- Exercise slows tumour growth and improves chemotherapy in mouse cancers
- Modulation of Murine Breast Tumor Vascularity, Hypoxia and Chemotherapeutic Response by Exercise
- A Hybrid Approach to Identify Subsequent Breast Cancer Using Pathology and Automated Health Information Data
- Experiencing reproductive concerns as a female cancer survivor is associated with depression
- JNCI and Cancer Prevention
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for postmenopausal women: Does it help or harm your heart?
- Hormone therapy for preventing cardiovascular disease in post-menopausal women
- Strengthening the immune system's fight against brain cancer
- Tetanus toxoid and CCL3 improve dendritic cell vaccines in mice and glioblastoma patients
- Research Calls for New Policies to Support Women Veterans' Health Care Needs
Current BCN News subscribers can access the full site, including all of today's articles as well as three years of breast cancer news, by entering their email address below:Not a subscriber yet? Sign up now for a free 2-week trial subscription, which includes full site access. The BCN News: The Cancer News You Need To Know