Welcome to The Breast Cancer Network News
The BCN News provides its 20,000 readers with breaking news on breast cancer treatment and research daily. Along with thousands of breast cancer patients and survivors, The BCN News is read in nearly every major cancer and health organization, all the major breast cancer organizations, and major research laboratories and universities around the world.
For a free trial subscription to The BCN News, sign up here, or use the following Constant Contact subscribe option:
|Join Our Mailing List|
Today's News Sponsors
A Web Resource for Breast Cancer Patients
with Brain Metastases
"I can't begin to tell you how much hope you've given me today."
"Helps take some of the fear away. It's very easy to understand and does not scare you to death."
Learning breast cancer has spread to the brain is always frightening. But patients and families may not realize that some women live for years after getting brain metastases, with good quality of life.
BrainMetsBC.org is the first website developed just for breast cancer patients with brain and other central nervous system metastases.
At BrainMetsBC.org, patients and their families can find up-to-date information on symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, clinical trials and emerging research, medically reviewed by expert physicians and researchers. They also draw hope from the stories and experiences of nearly 30 other women who have walked in their shoes, helping breast cancer patients and their loved ones feel less alone with their fears.
For more information on BrainMetsBC.org, including information for the newly diagnosed, as well as the very latest on research and treatment, visit:
BrainMetsBC.org was created by patient advocates Musa Mayer, Helen Schiff and Lilla Romeo, under the auspices of a Department of Defense-funded Center of Excellence research grant focusing on brain metastasis.
BCN News Articles for: May 18, 2013
- More than one third of Texas women still receive unnecessary breast biopsy surgery
- Time Trends and Geographic Variation in Use of Minimally Invasive Breast Biopsy
- Despite New Recommendations, Women In 40s Continue To Get Routine Mammograms At Same Rate
- Mammography Use Among Women Ages 40-49 After the 2009 U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation
- DCIS Score Quantifies Risk of IBE
- A Multigene Expression Assay to Predict Local Recurrence Risk for Ductal Carcinoma In Situ of the Breast Key: 201305170100732
- Breast Cancer Treatment Decision-Making: Are We Asking Too Much of Patients?
- Increased pathological complete response rate after a long-term neoadjuvant letrozole treatment in postmenopausal oestrogen and/or progesterone receptor-positive breast cancer
- Tailoring treatment for ductal intraepithelial neoplasia of the breast according to Ki-67 and molecular phenotype
- Fertility preservation in cancer survivors: a national survey of oncologists' current knowledge, practice and attitudes
- Cognitive training improves executive function in breast cancer survivors
- Cognitive Training for Improving Executive Function in Chemotherapy-Treated Breast Cancer Survivors
Current BCN News subscribers can access the full site, including all of today's articles as well as three years of breast cancer news, by entering their email address below:Not a subscriber yet? Sign up now for a free 2-week trial subscription, which includes full site access. The BCN News: The Cancer News You Need To Know