Welcome to The Breast Cancer Network News
The BCN News provides its 20,000 readers with breaking news on breast cancer treatment and research daily. Along with thousands of breast cancer patients and survivors, The BCN News is read in nearly every major cancer and health organization, all the major breast cancer organizations, and major research laboratories and universities around the world.
For a free trial subscription to The BCN News, sign up here, or use the following Constant Contact subscribe option:
|Join Our Mailing List|
Today's News Sponsors
AdvancedBC.org is dedicated solely to the needs of people living with metastatic breast cancer. If you or someone you love is living with metastatic breast cancer, it is the first place to go for information and support.
AdvancedBC.org features the latest on treatments and clinical trials, links to experts on the most recent research, and a comprehensive list of treatment resources. At AdvancedBC.org you will also find both support and hope, from a listing of national organizations, support groups and hotlines, to the Mets News & Views blog from long-time author and metastatic breast cancer advocate Musa Mayer.
Here's what women are saying about AdvancedBC.org:
- "ALL the information I was looking for is here, under one 'roof'!"
- "A great job of presenting necessary and needed info in a clear way... while giving hope."
- "Very easy to understand and not scary. Just good, important facts."
- "Being able to find accurate, balanced, up to date research and treatments in a 'click': PRICELESS!!"
For more information, and to read free excerpts from Musa Mayer's book, Advanced Breast Cancer: A Guide to Living with Metastatic Disease, visit:
BCN News Articles for: November 1, 2014
- Delivering a One-Two Punch: New Drug Combination Shows Promise as Powerful Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Combined SFK/mTOR Inhibition Prevents Rapamycin-Induced Feedback Activation of AKT and Elicits Efficient Tumor Regression
- Ecological momentary assessment of sleep, symptoms, and mood during chemotherapy for breast cancer
- Strategies for fertility preservation in young early breast cancer patients
- A prognostic factor index for overall survival in patients receiving first-line chemotherapy for HER2-negative advanced breast cancer: An analysis of the ATHENA trial
- Communication, coping, and quality of life of breast cancer survivors and family/friend dyads: a pilot study of Chinese-Americans and Korean-Americans
- Efficacy of platinum-based chemotherapy in triple-negative breast cancer patients with metastases confined to the lungs: a single-institute experience
- Metastatic breast cancer subtypes and central nervous system metastases
- MS-20, A Chemotherapeutical Adjuvant, Reduces Chemo-Associated Fatigue and Appetite Loss in Cancer Patients
- Patient empowerment in cancer pain management: an integrative literature review
- Blood Vessel Growth in the Brain Relies on a Protein Found in Tumor Blood Vessels
- Gpr124 Controls CNS Angiogenesis and Blood-Brain Barrier Integrity by Promoting Ligand-Specific Canonical Wnt Signaling
- Improving breast cancer chemo by testing tumors in a dish
- Quantitative Optical Imaging of Primary Tumor Organoid Metabolism Predicts Drug Response in Breast Cancer
- Chest Radiation to Treat Childhood Cancer Increases Patients' Risk of Developing Breast Cancer
- Breast cancer in female survivors of Wilms tumor: A report from the National Wilms Tumor late effects study
- Subgroup effects in a randomised trial of different types and doses of exercise during breast cancer chemotherapy
- A survey study of women's responses to information about overdiagnosis in breast cancer screening in Britain
- Prognostic value of isolated tumor cells and micrometastases of lymph nodes in early-stage breast cancer: A French sentinel node multicenter cohort study
- A phase I pharmacokinetics study of lapatinib and tamoxifen in metastatic breast cancer (EORTC 10053 Lapatam study)
- Outcomes of patients with lobular in situ neoplasia of the breast: The role of vacuum-assisted biopsy
- The impact of socioeconomic status on access to cancer clinical trials
- Cancer exosomes are 'micro factories' that aid in tumor growth
- Cancer Exosomes Perform Cell-Independent MicroRNA Biogenesis and Promote Tumorigenesis
- A switch to dampen malignancy
- ASPP2 controls epithelial plasticity and inhibits metastasis through β-catenin-dependent regulation of ZEB1
- Screening with Tomosynthesis and Mammography Is Cost-Effective
- Comparative Effectiveness of Combined Digital Mammography and Tomosynthesis Screening for Women with Dense Breasts
- High protein expression of EZH2 is related to unfavorable outcome to tamoxifen in metastatic breast cancer
- Association of tamoxifen use and increased diabetes among Asian women diagnosed with breast cancer
- Utilisation of primary and secondary G-CSF prophylaxis enables maintenance of optimal dose delivery of standard adjuvant chemotherapy for early breast cancer: An analysis of 1655 patients
- One-step nucleic acid amplification assay for intraoperative prediction of non-sentinel lymph node metastasis in breast cancer patients with sentinel lymph node metastasis
- Impact of trastuzumab treatment beyond disease progression for advanced/metastatic breast cancer on survival - Results from a prospective, observational study in German
- Does the cancer drugs fund lead to faster uptake of cost-effective drugs? A time-trend analysis comparing England and Wales
- Health Care Shortfalls for LGBT Young Women
- Health Disparities Among Young Adult Sexual Minorities in the U.S.
- Generic Medications Boost Adherence to Breast Cancer Therapy
- The Change From Brand-Name to Generic Aromatase Inhibitors and Hormone Therapy Adherence for Early-Stage Breast Cancer
- New analysis methodology may revolutionise breast cancer therapy
- Proteome Profiling of Breast Cancer Biopsies Reveals a Wound Healing Signature of Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts
- Impact of Acetylsalicylic Acid on the Clinicopathological Characteristics and Prognosis of Patients with Invasive Breast Cancer
- What to listen for in the consultation. Breast cancer patients' own focus on talking about acceptance-based psychological coping predicts decreased psychological distress and depression
- Metastatic Male Breast Cancer: A Retrospective Cohort Analysis
- Management of Breast Cancer Patients with Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia or Febrile Neutropenia
- Randomized, controlled trial of resistance training in breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant radiotherapy: results on cancer-related fatigue and quality of life
- Subgroups of Cancer Patients With Unique Pain and Fatigue Experiences During Chemotherapy
- Modeling cancer: Virginia Tech researchers prove mathematical models can predict cellular processes
- TGF-β-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition proceeds through stepwise activation of multiple feedback loops
- After Decades of Research, Effectiveness of Phone Interventions for Cancer Patients and Survivors Still Unknown
- Psychosocial telephone interventions for patients with cancer and survivors: a systematic review
- Clinical Characteristics of Breast Cancers in African-American Women with Benign Breast Disease: A Comparison to the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program
- Adherence to Anti-estrogen Therapy in Seniors with Breast Cancer: How Well are we Doing?
- "Don't Know" and Accuracy of Breast Cancer Risk Perceptions Among Appalachian Women Attending a Mobile Mammography Program: Implications for Educational Interventions and Patient Empowerment
- The Importance of Supportive Care in Breast Cancer Patients
- Cross-sectional Study to Assess the Association of Population Density with Predicted Breast Cancer Risk
- Metabolic Syndrome and Breast Cancer: Is There a Link?
- Un Abrazo Para La Familia: An Evidenced-Based Rehabilitation Approach in Providing Cancer Education to Low-SES Hispanic Co-Survivors
- Informatics and e-health: advancing knowledge and improving cancer care
- Findings point to an "off switch" for drug resistance in cancer
- Single-cell analyses of transcriptional heterogeneity during drug tolerance transition in cancer cells by RNA sequencing
Current BCN News subscribers can access the full site, including all of today's articles as well as three years of breast cancer news, by entering their email address below:Not a subscriber yet? Sign up now for a free 2-week trial subscription, which includes full site access. The BCN News: The Cancer News You Need To Know